Certifications and Hiring RequirementsLearn more about our Certifications and Hiring Requirements
We're so excited that you are interesting in joining the Uplift family and impact scholars by teaching at one of our schools. Uplift strives to hire the most qualified applicant for every position. All teachers must be properly certified and Highly Qualified (HQ) for the teaching position seeking in order to meet the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and Uplift requirements. Please read this page thoroughly and use it to familiarize yourself with the Highly Qualified and Certification requirements for being a teacher at an Uplift school.
To fulfill the requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB), all teachers seeking employment at Uplift must be Highly Qualified (HQ) for the teaching position they are seeking. Your HQ status indicates your subject matter competency for the subject that you are teaching. There are different ways to become HQ based upon the grade level and subject you are teaching.
- For Primary Teachers, you must show subject matter competency by taking an passing the appropriate TExES Content Exam that aligns to what you will be teaching. This is the only way to become HQ for Primary grades Kindergarten through 5th grade.
- For Secondary Teachers, you must show subject matter competency either through your college transcript or by passing the appropriate TExES Content Exam that aligns to what you will be teaching.
All Uplift teachers should be certified, or on the path to become certified in the area in which they are teaching. If you’re currently not certified, we have an accredited alternative certification program, Teaching Excellence, through a partnership with Yes Prep Public Schools in Houston, Texas. Teaching Excellence has a professional developmental schedule that not only meets the TEA requirements for certification hours, but also aligns with the development of a beginning teacher. For further inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Teacher Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./ B.S.) from an accredited college or university required. Master’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Must have a valid Texas Teacher Certification or be enrolled in an Uplift designated certification course.
- Teachers of record must be “Highly Qualified,” as defined by No Child Left Behind Act (Federal Law).
Please see the chart below for more information about certification and HQ requirements for employment.
For information about Texas Certification or any other certification information, please visit: http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/