Dallas College Residency Program 2023-2024
Uplift's mission is to create and sustain public schools of excellence that empower each student to reach their highest potential in college and the global marketplace and that inspire in students a life-long love of learning, achievement, and service in order to positively change their world.
Equity Vision Statement
Uplift Education proactively engages scholars, families, and staff members to thrive as their authentic selves and partner in the journey required to identify, address, and correct existing and potential inequities.
NOTE: This position is only available for those staff members that are part of the Dallas College Residency Program.
About Dallas College: Dallas College drives workforce and economic development through programs, services and relationships that align with identified needs of business, industry and community. We work to be the strategic driver of uncommon solutions and deliverables by utilizing the talents of extraordinary people, tools and ideas. https://www.dallascollege.edu/cd/schools/education/pages/default.aspx
the classroom teacher. This position is considered a step to a classroom teacher, and candidates who
successfully perform in this role may be considered for a teaching position with Uplift Education if an opportunity arises, subject to meeting the professional and highly qualified requirements for a teacher.
- Participates in the creation of rigorous and engaging long-term, quarterly, weekly, daily, and specific lesson plans
- Communicates clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction
- Under the supervision of the classroom teacher, may be responsible for taking attendance, grading student work, preparing teaching materials, and preparing requisitions for teaching materials.
- Under the direction of the classroom teacher, may conduct classroom lessons or work with individual students to address learning needs and goals
- Attends and participates in staff meetings
- Participates in school-wide and individual professional development activities
- Performs necessary duties including, but not limited to, car line, lunch, and test monitoring
- Maintains a productive, safe, and focused learning environment and models behavior within the code of conduct and all school policies
- Consistently enforces Uplift Public Preparatory School values and uses vocabulary to teach habits
- Maintains and supports a positive professional school culture
- Upon request, chaperones field lessons and field trips
- Abides by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect
- Supports and follows directives of campus administrators
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and staff in support of the instructional program and school procedures
- Ability to maintain accurate time & effort records of program activities
- Other duties as assigned
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Experience, and/or Certification(s)
- Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree (B.A./ B.S.) from a four-year college or university is required.
- Experience Requirements: Experience in tutoring or teaching skills highly desirable.
- Special Skills/Certifications: Must be enrolled in a Teaching Program
- Communication Skills: what level of communication skill is required
- Bilingual Skills: Ability to speak Spanish speaking desired.
- Technology: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be competent in Microsoft Office applications and able to use computer software, including instructional software, as necessary. Ability to use basic office equipment (copier, fax, scanner, etc.) is expected
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. I attest that I can complete all of the essential duties of this role with or without an accommodation
Uplift Education is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 2040