Receptionist: Uplift Grand Preparatory (23-24)
Uplift's mission is to create and sustain public schools of excellence that empower each student to reach their highest potential in college and the global marketplace and that inspire in students a life-long love of learning, achievement, and service in order to positively change their world.
Equity Vision Statement
Uplift Education proactively engages scholars, families, and staff members to thrive as their authentic selves and partner in the journey required to identify, address, and correct existing and potential inequities.
- The Receptionist is a non-instructional team member on campus, helping to drive our world-class support mission. They play a key role in monitoring our front desk by providing excellent customer service to our families and staff. In addition, they help in various clerical and receptionist tasks to maintain an efficient operations team. The Receptionist reports to the campus Operations Director.
- Drives customer satisfaction for parents, teachers, and academic leaders in line with our World Class Support mission.
- Ensures they are up to date on all campus-based activities
- Ensures they are knowledgeable on scholar enrollment requirements and deadlines
- Ensures they are maintaining and monitoring safety practices
- Ensures scholars are signed in and out accurately
- Ensures confidentiality
- The receptionist is responsible for actively monitoring the front desk, answering all incoming phone calls, and providing information.
- They will be receiving and routing incoming calls to the appropriate staff member
- They will be taking accurate messages and directing to the appropriate staff member
- They will be answering questions from families, staff, and scholars
- They will ensure all guests are sign-in, verified and issued a visitor pass
- They sort and disperse mail
- The receptionist is the “face” of the campus. Often, they are the first person our families and communities see and/or speak to. This position is intended for those who enjoy connecting with people frequently and can provide excellent customer service.
- They maintain a positive image of the campus through interacting with families, staff, scholars, and the community
- They assist the Operations Director in establishing a positive, support focused culture on campus
Education, Experience, and/or Certification(s)
- Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree preferred
- Experience Requirements: Minimum two (2) years of experience as Administrative Assistant or Customer Service representative
- Special Skills/Certifications:
- Exceptional organization skills
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Able to manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Commitment to excellence
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Bi-lingual Sills: Bilingual in Spanish required
- Technology: Strong computer skills; familiar with the Microsoft suite: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams; able to quickly learn and utilize new applications.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to feel, touch and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The environment requires close proximity to other employees, frequent interruptions, and extended periods of time viewing a computer screen, and noise levels from moderate to high. There may be activity from other employees and students of distracting nature. Must be able to work outside in varied weather conditions for arrival and dismissal support at carline.
Starting Pay: $15.50/hr
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. I attest that I can complete all of the essential duties of this role with or without an accommodation.
Uplift Education is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $15.50/hour
<strong></strong> $15.50/hr<br />
Job Reference #: 2085