Teach for America Candidate 2023-2024
Position Type: Instructional Support (Campus)
Location: Central Management Office Dallas, 75247
Date Posted: 4/27/2023
Mission Statement:Uplift's mission is to create and sustain public schools of excellence that empower each student to reach their highest potential in college and the global marketplace and that inspire in students a life-long love of learning, achievement, and service in order to positively change their world.
Equity Vision Statement:
Uplift Education proactively engages scholars, families, and staff members to thrive as their authentic selves and partner in the journey required to identify, address, and correct existing and potential inequities.
NOTE: This position is only available for those staff members that are part of the Teach for America Program.
Provide students with appropriate educational activities and experiences that will enable them to fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Help students develop the skills necessary to be a productive member of society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Creates rigorous and engaging daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical growth and development of children to improve school readiness
· Models conversation, manners, clean-up activities, listening skills, etc. for the purpose of demonstrating appropriate social interaction and communication.
· Includes activities that support the social and emotional development of children.
· Constantly observes children and maintains child assessment records
· Implements indoor and outdoor activities that encourage and promote physical development.
· Provides learning experiences that promote cognitive development and promote language and cognitive development
· Sets clear short-term and long-term goals to drive instruction
· Maintains a productive, safe, and focused learning environment
· Consistently enforces Uplift Education’s core mission and values
· Creates and provides meaningful and frequent assessments in a timely manner, utilizing the daily conference time to do so
· Provides necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students
· Effectively teaches the adopted curriculum, the Uplift curriculum and the International Baccalaureate components
· Goes above and beyond to ensure all students are meeting appropriate standards
· Keeps parents well-informed about students’ progress, providing frequent feedback in accordance with campus guidelines, weekly assessments and quarterly report cards
· Maintains an open-door policy
· Upholds all school policies within the classroom
· Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, staff, and public agencies in support of the attendance program
· Helps arrange a physical environment in which children can work and play safely.
· Other duties as assigned
· Arrives at school 15 minutes before carpool and is available for assigned duties or set-up (7:15 am)
· Stays at school until time designated by School Director/Managing Director or as needed
· Participates in school-wide and individual professional development, including the 2-3 week summer session
· Attends and participates in all staff meetings
· Performs necessary duties including but not limited to bus, morning lunch, and afternoon duties
· Chaperones field lessons and field trips
· Communicates with all staff
· Reports to appropriate administrators
· Abides by all state and federal mandates in reporting sexual or physical abuse and neglect
· Upholds the code of conduct and all school policies
· Maintains and supports a positive professional school culture
· Models behavior within the code of conduct
· Supports and follows directives of campus administrators
· Works as part of interdisciplinary team planning and aligning and integrating curricula that will be consistently assessed
· Attends all grade level meetings
· Works with grade level to address and resolve student issues
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.A./ B.S.) from an accredited college or university required. Must have a valid Texas Teacher EC-6 Certification. Teachers of record must be “highly qualified,” as defined by No Child Left Behind Act (federal law). Spanish speaking a plus.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to read, analyze, and apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions in written or oral form and be able to set priorities. This individual must possess the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, students, and parents.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Have working knowledge of human behavior and have expressive and receptive language abilities. Possess the ability to incorporate creativity with learning experiences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including advanced features of Excel, possess the ability to use basic office equipment and the ability to learn and use other software as necessary.
SAFETY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Every employee of the school has an obligation to know our safety rules and procedures; to teach what theyknowtoothers;torecognizeunsafeactionsandsituations;towarnothersofunsafesituations;to reacttoemergencysituationsandtoreporthazardousorunsafepracticestothoseinapositionto correct them.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand for extended periods of time; walk; climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time. Must be able to frequently twist, turn, kneel, bend, and stoop multiple times a day and be able to perform physical activities with children and be able to monitor children’s safety in all activities.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment requires close proximity to other employees, frequent interruptions, extended periods of time viewing a computer screen, and noise levels from moderate to high. There may be activity from other employees and students of a distracting nature.
Criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide work authorization.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Uplift Education retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.
Starting Salary: $57,000
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Uplift Education is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Pay: up to $57,000/year
Job Reference #: 2129