Teacher Aide: Uplift Meridian Primary (23-24)
Uplift's mission is to create and sustain public schools of excellence that empower each student to reach their highest potential in college and the global marketplace and that inspire in students a life-long love of learning, achievement, and service in order to positively change their world.
Equity Vision Statement
Uplift Education proactively engages scholars, families, and staff members to thrive as their authentic selves and partner in the journey required to identify, address, and correct existing and potential inequities.
Teacher Aides provide clerical and instructional support for classroom teachers, so teachers have more time for teaching and planning lessons. Teacher aides may tutor students, supervise students on the playground, in the cafeteria and discipline center, record grades, set up labs or equipment and prepare instructional materials.
- Performs any combination of the following duties in the classroom to assist teaching staff.
- Takes attendance, grades homework and tests using answer sheets and records results.
- Distributes teaching materials to students, such as textbooks, workbooks, or paper and pencils.
- Maintains order within school and on school grounds.
- Pulls small groups of students to provide differentiated instructional support.
- Takes on substitute duties for last minute teacher absences.
- Operates learning aids, such as film and slide projectors and tape recorders.
- Prepares requisitions for library materials and stockroom supplies.
- Types material and operates duplicating equipment to reproduce instructional materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and/or Certification(s)
- Education Requirements: Hish School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Some college coursework preferred but not required.
- Experience Requirements:
- Special Skills/Certifications: Hold a valid Teacher Aide Certificate or be in the process of receiving one
- Communication Skills: what level of communication skill is required
- Bilingual Skills: Spanish speaking a plus
- Technology: n/a
- Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: n/a
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee must be able to maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours will be necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Starting pay: $19.80/hr
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level is low to high and may have frequent interruptions. There may be activity from other employees and students of a distracting nature.
Uplift Education is an equal employment opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state or local law.